Friday, July 2, 2010

20 weeks...the halfway point!

Your Baby: Week 20

This week you're carrying about 10.5 inches and 10.5 ounces of solid baby-miracle-goodness! Their little delicates bones continue to ossify and toughen while their itsy bitsy finger and toe pads are finishing up. Your little monkey now has teeth buds, although they’re hidden beneath the gum line. And finally! Their limbs have reached their relative proportions—no more alien baby! Their cute pink lips are more defined, and might be helping out in a bit of prenatal thumb-sucking. If you have a little boy, then their tiny testes are descending, though they have not yet passed the abdominal wall. What’s more, eyelashes and eyebrows are also visible. At this point, your little one really looks like a miniature baby—and we do mean miniature as your little swimmer currently weighs a mere eighth of their final birth weight. With half the pregnancy behind you, the most significant gains are yet to come! Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

Baby O is busy growing, but not too busy moving still.  I have felt a few super fast flutters but that's it...still!

For the first few months I really felt this was a girl baby but I should mention I felt the same with Sawyer.  Around 15 or 16 weeks I knew he was a boy and obviously he is.  This time around the same time I started feeling like this one is a boy too.  Of course there is only one way to find out!  No, not at my ultrasound...at the birth.  Jeez guys!  Anyways, I wake up this morning with this OVERWHELMING urge to buy this damn bow maker!  I have heard great things about it and if this is a girl she will sport a HUGE bow daily.  Soo, is this my gut telling me it's a girl or do I just like cute girl accessories???  I should mention I am still pulling for a brother for Sawyer.

What do you think it will be?  I already have 1 girl (11) and 1 boy (1).  I am 1 of 3 girls and my husband is an only child.  Let the guessing begin :)

3 comments:

Jaycie said...

Have you looked at a Chinese calendar or anything like that? They were right-on for me when I had Riley! And... I didn't find out she was a she until I was 32 weeks.

Erica Ragen said...

for some reason i think girl... but either is A-O-K with me!!! awww i love babies :)

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

That's so awesome you posted about the bow maker! I hope you win! and my guess is you're having a girl. If you lived close to me, I'd let you come borrow my bow maker to get ready for your baby GIRL ;o) haha
linda