Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things I Like Thursday

First of all I don't "like" the fact that an organization like this is needed.  I can't think of anything worse than a sick child.  I like the fact that a mom saw something she could organize and help make a difference.

My cousin went to school with this woman.  This woman is Tara, she is Karter's mom (love the name).  Karter is sick and lives at the hospital for now.  Here is a blurb from her mom's blog post.  You can see the entire post and read more about Karter's journey HERE.

"Okay ladies listen up! I am starting up a collection in HONOR of Karter for the little girls here at Children’s Medical Center. Upon walking into Karter’s room yesterday all I could see machines, tubes, and lines hooked up to my precious angel. However, last night she was given another bow to put onto one of her wires….This changed everything!!! You would not even imagine the difference seeing a bow made on my little girl. Instead of seeing the wires and tubes I just saw a sleeping beauty. The bow made all the difference in the world to me and made me realize that she is still my baby girl!

So with this discovery I have decided to start up a collection in Honor of Karter called Karter’s Bow of Faith. I am asking for all donation of bows of any size, shape, and color! These bows will be given to the girls at Children’s Medical Center. You can mail them to me or we will pick them up. I will be attaching a little prayer to each bow and will even attach your name if you would like. Please help me help other families see their sleeping beauties amidst all of their medical problems. I know that by receiving these bows we will be lighting up the life of lots of little girls. Please pass the word and contact me with any questions here on our blog or on Facebook!

Thank you so much for your time and consideration! With your help I know Karter’s Bow of Faith will be a great success!

Love,
Tara McHam"

I am sure most of us can whip up at least one bow, headband or hat right??  Don't have a pattern, use my free headband tutorial!  Know how to make ribbon headbands, knit ones, there are really no restrictions.  Let's show Karter and the other babies some love and give their parents the chance to see something a little "normal" on their babies instead of life saving equipment.  I have messaged Tara for the address to send these to, I'll keep ya posted!


5 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you sooo much for posting this. I know it means a lot to Tara and Jermey that there is a whole world looking out for Karter and her "roommates".

Erica Ragen said...

so cute and sweet sissy ;)

Elisabeth Spivey said...

What a great idea! I would love to participate in this! Look forward to more info and will be sharing this post!

Rachel said...

what a fabulous idea. I would love to participate! Let us know the address for sure! Thanks!

The McHam Family said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! Your help means the world to us and I know it will mean the world to other families also! Here is the facebook page dedicated to Karter's Bow of Faith! It does have a temporary address for the bows and will be updated later with a temporary address!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Karters-Bow-of-Faith/132759916750704

God Bless,

Tara