Sunday, January 17, 2010

Big News!


Big news in the Oxford house. I turned in my 2 week notice!

January 29 will be my last day of work. I have stressed, debated, discussed, dreamt of, and went back and forth on this decision since I went back from maternity leave. Until Sawyer was about 6 months he was able to come to work with me. As he got older, slept less and found his voice it was too hard to keep him quiet and happy and much more difficult to get work done. For the last 3 weeks he has stayed home with my mom. If I had to have someone else watch my children she is great, but I would much prefer to be with them myself. When I had Karly I didn't have the opportunity to stay home with her. I have the chance to be home with my kids now and I am jumping on it. Of course we will have to change our spending habits some. Paying half of my paycheck for other people to raise my baby just isn't worth it to me. I am hoping Inner Hooker will continue to pull its weight allowing me to stay home full time. I am looking forward to having a little more time to create more patterns. Of course I am looking most forward to being able to spend more time with my kids. I am away from the house about 10 hours a day and hate every second of it. Now the daunting task of learning how to stay on somewhat of a schedule, be productive and keep my house in better shape than I have!

Recommendations welcome!






4 comments:

Courtney said...

I think that's great Scotti! Good for you. Way to jump on the opportunity when you can! :)

Chantelle - ThousandSquareFeet said...

As a stay-at-home mom for the last almost 7 years the most important thing to remember is not how clean your house is or how productive your day was. You are making an amazing decision in the lives of your children, one that they will always remember. If you spend the day reading to them and playing with them and making memories with them, the state of your house may be messy and you may not have accomplished anything - except to make an impact in the lives of your kids. And, after all, that is what is of eternal importance (said as I try to follow my own words of "wisdom")! Blessings on you!

MRMD_GRL said...

WELLL... having had quite the experience of getting to be home and not having a baby to keep me busy... its rough!!! You will find a rhythem though and be productive.. Have breakfast, clean for an hour, craft, lunch, craft, homework with the kid, dinner, family time...

Tasha said...

Just found your blog through UCreate. When I became pregnant with our 3rd, my husband and I knew we had to do everything we could so I could stay home..Some weeks its rough, but I have been home for 18 months now and LOVING every minute of it. We just seem to make it work. Good luck to you and your family!

Tasha
cheekabeeka@gmail.com