Friday, February 5, 2010

Week 1 of early retirement in a few bullets

Week 1 of early retirement in a few bullets

*S woke up overnight more nights than I'd like to remember. Was very thankful I didn't have to go to work the next morning.

*lots of dirty diapers, dirty dishes, dirty toilets, dirty...you get the idea.

*a lot less time creating than I was hoping but I lot more time spent with my kids, so totally worth the trade off.

*my very last paycheck deposited in my bank account. A little bit of nervousness regarding the fact that my income is now up to me and Etsy! Eeek!

*the week still flew by! I thought it would go slower not being at work but nope!

Goals now that I have seen how things are sort of going

1. get Sawyer on a sleep schedule ASAP!

2. attempt to set aside an hour or so a day to create

3. go to bed with my husband more than 1 night a week; he gets lonely and me staying up half the night isn't healthy

4. crock pot! love this damn thing and for some reason I have a new disdain for cooking dinner

5. clean more. my house still resembles a college dorm post frat party. Can't I not work and still have a maid?

Any tips or input?


3 comments:

NE Regional Luncheon said...

I don't work for pay, and I still have a cleaning lady who comes every other week. :) So yes you can.

Be like Supernanny and write up a daily schedule. It will help you, really! Good luck!

Chantelle - ThousandSquareFeet said...

Menu planning is a huge thing - maybe you already do that but it takes away the "Oh my goodness, it is 5 o'clock and I have no idea what we are eating!!" stress! Don't try cleaning your entire house in one day. Tackle something each day. May seem like you are always cleaning but at least it should get done! Enjoy those kids!! That is time you will never get back! However, none of this is possible on too-little sleep - a sleep schedule sounds priority to me!! Blessings!

CarzooCritters said...

Thank you so much for entering my blog giveaway =) You have such a wonderful blog! Make sure to come back to leave your email so I can make an origami star for each entry, without contact it's not valid! Have a wonderful day and thanks so much Scotti!