Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dexter's first real bath

So I am a little late in posting this...story of my life. 
I guess maybe at this point it’s considered normal or on time and not really late anymore.

Dexter’s first real bath.  I know a lot of people don’t give their babies real baths for the first few weeks, but nothing is better than a fresh smelling baby.  Soooo, when I tell you that Dex didn’t get his first bath until he was SIXTEEN days old, yes 16 I say it with a little shame.  Of course we had to wait for his belly button and man parts to heal before tub time.  His belly button finally fell off but not all of it, so the doctor treated it with a little silver nitrate which caused an oozy gross mess.  I was a little worried about getting it wet so I waited until it looked less nasty.  Once he was completely immersible I was sick and not up to the whole first bath experience.  So a few days later we finally had our first bath!  Let me tell you...he actually didn’t mind it!  Most babies seem to scream through the entire thing but I think I have learned the trick.  WARM WATER, like warmer than most people think.  I think those little babes get cold and upset!  I have always used warmer than normal and my kids are happy bath babies.

Check him out!



Yes, he is getting a bath in a bowl.  Why? 

Well, I thought I saved the baby tub but I guess not.  I have a slingy chair thingy that goes in the big tub but it seemed like too much effort for a 2 minute bath.  Or I could just say he is my 3rd and the tub isn’t that important to me when the bowl does the trick!  Dex loves the bowl!  It’s deep enough that it’s probably womb like (warm and wet) and he doesn’t move around too much.  Yep, he is a happy little bath boy!

5 comments:

Natasha Polinsky said...

Oh this is just too precious!

Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts said...

He is so sweet!!! I love how bright eyed he is!!! TFS!
xx-Kristyn

Noelle Spooner said...

He is so adorable. Love his tub.

Elisabeth Spivey said...

he's just darling!

SkinnyMeg said...

awww your killing me with all the talk of new sweet baby smells! I sooooo miss that! He's so darling :)