Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sawyer update!

I am officially 39 weeks and 1 day pregnant...which translates to...huge, done, over it, irritable and ready! About 2-3 weeks ago I started having some issues with my blood pressure. It wasn't bad enough to deliver early, but was bad enough to put me on bed rest :( It's a really crappy feeling. I am not a very good patient and followed it about half of the time. I did feel much better then when I was running full speed. I had to start seeing the doctor twice a week so they could run stress tests on the baby and we decided to induce on Monday June 8th...yes TOMORROW! For the last few days I have had every pre -abor sign and I am honestly shocked I haven't had him yet. He is his dad's son...STUBBORN!!!
The doctor is predicting him to weigh in the 8# range...hoping doctor is shooting a little high! I would like a nice low 7 pounder :) I really didn't want to be induced, but I am really done. I hate using my maternity leave on bed rest so he is coming out! As of last Thursday I was already dilated to a 2, so I feel pretty confident that my body is ready. I know I have progressed more since then and can't wait for 5am tomorrow! I can't believe by tomorrow night we will be a family of four!!! So weird!
We are all set up and ready for him...Karly is spending the night with Aunt Donna and Emily and they will head over to the hospital at some point. I can't wait for her to see her brother. She is so excited! I will admit as much as I have bitched, moaned, and complained about pregnancy I will miss my little man kicking and wiggling around inside. I will try to post pictures as soon as possible. I am going to guess the proud daddy will have them mobile facebooked to his page almost immediately! Thank you to all of our family and friends for your endless love and support! Can't wait to have one more little Oxford running around....eek!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh I'm so excited for you Scotti! I cannot WAIT to see photos! Did you see the photos of Aly's little one? Man cuties everywhere! Fun fun fun!!! Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you!

Kylee said...

OMG!!! Congrats Scotti! Yay! I can't wait to see Sawyer! It IS a crazy thought knowing that today he's in your tummy, and tomorrow he'll be here! That's how I felt too! Its so exciting! I will pray that everything goes picture perfect! Good luck! Can't wait to see pix!

Laura said...

YIPPY FOR SAWYER, BUT NOW I WISH I WAS STAYING THE NIGHT WITH DONNA AND EMILY TOO :(!