Thursday, November 13, 2008

Karly's BIG Surprise!

So as I have mentioned we had a big surprise for Karly’s birthday. Poor child swore it was a guinea pig even though I promised her numerous times that it wasn’t. To everyone else who knew there was a surprise but didn’t know what it was, it probably won’t be as exciting for you as it was for Kar. After many weeks of planning and being so excited, my sister Erica flew in from California to surprise Karly. Chris headed to Dallas about 9:30pm to pick her up. Around 1am they made it home…of course waking me up for hello and hugs. We had Erica ‘sleep’ on the couch, though neither of us slept much! Our couch isn’t the best for sleeping and we were both so nervous that Karly would wake up and the surprise would be ruined! 6am finally rolled around and I woke Erica up and stashed her in my room. One hour to get Karly up and out the door without finding out. We made it! Watching her climb on that bus was quite the relief! Erica and I did some sister bonding and shopping for the party. Met up with family for lunch and headed to Karly’s school. We were almost busted but made it. I walked in Karly’s classroom and asked her if she wanted her birthday surprise. I got the “I can’t believe my dorky mother is going to humiliate me in front of my friends” look. I stepped aside and Erica walked in. Karly sat and stared in shock and/or disbelief for a second before screaming Erica’s name and running to her. It was the sweetest thing. It all played out perfectly! Erica…you are the best auntie ever!!



No comments: